Rant & Rave

Go down

Rant & Rave

Post by Z on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:53 am

Wanna bitch and blow off steam? Write a rant, put it here. Want to effuse joyously about the bliss something has caused? Write a rave, put it here too. Still not clear? Here's the definitions:

Very Happy

rant (rănt)
v. rant·ed, rant·ing, rants

v. intr.
To speak or write in a angry or violent manner.

v. tr.
To utter or express with violence or extravagance: a dictator who ranted his vitriol onto a captive audience.

n.
1. Violent or extravagant speech or writing.
2. A speech or piece of writing that incites anger or violence:

rave (rāv)
v. raved, rav·ing, raves

v. intr.
1. To speak wildly, irrationally, or incoherently.
2. To speak or write with wild enthusiasm: Critics raved about the new play.
3. To attend a rave.

v. tr.
To utter or express in a frenzied manner.

n.
1. The act or an instance of raving.
2. Informal An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review: The play received raves.
3. An all-night dance party, especially one where techno, house, or other electronically synthesized music is played.
4. Chiefly British A raucous party; a rave-up.

adj. Informal
Relating to or being an extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review.

Last edited by Z on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-06-25

View user profile http://flashmind.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Software Blast

Post by Z on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:46 pm

[the following was posted at a forum at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php regarding an open source add on to Open Office's PowerPoint clone, "Impress." The product is called "Open Card," but has no instructions. I hate that]

Stop working on anything else until you've decided that you want to tell people how to use your software.

This add on to Impress is a great idea, really. Clearly some time has gone into creating it...but, frankly if you can't be bothered to give enough of a shit about your end users to write some basic notes about how to use the program, then why should we be bothered to figure it out? I went to the forums and some guy was asking for intstructions A YEAR AGO!

(And no, sitting though a 2 minute video is not a set of instructions...it's infuriating and slow and is not helpful.

So, support...write some basic instructions such as "HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN CARDS" and make them bloody prominent or just put a great big banner on your page "Warning! This software is stable,...but comes without instructions because I can't manage to give a fuck."

I'll check in in another year...bet you haven't created any instructions then either. I'm going back to Mnemosyne and Pauker...this is just amateur.

Admin

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-06-25

View user profile http://flashmind.forumn.org

Back to top Go down